Thursday, May 11, 2006

Monday was my day off to rest before the big event, to write for me. I worked all day and didn't add but two words to my story.

I worked until 8:00 tonight because tomorrow I am trying again to take a day off. I sifted through all the things that have been lingering a bit and tossed a few productive emails and returned four calls and cleared my desk and...and...transfered to my flash drive the work I wanted to cover for the weekend.

The flash drive is sitting in my computer still.

Is that a sign? I could transfer the files via our remote connection (that would take practically half the weekend), but is leaving it behind a sign that I really shouldn't try to squeeze in a few things this long weekend?

I called my father. He is coming over at 11:00 in the morning armed with a dozen movies and an overnight bag. We are going to see how many we can watch in a twenty-four hour period. I plan to greet him at the door in my pajamas and the remote.

Dad has the list, but a few that I can remember are: Absolute Power, MI 2, Escape from Alcatraz, X-men 2, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Spiderman 2.

Can you see a theme there?

No comments: