Friday, May 05, 2006

My friend was a bit delayed by the bane of my existence: traffic.

Her delay gave me the opportunity to get the bird cage cleaned, the dog bathed, and the house vacuumed (I had to empty the container three times). Since she had yet to arrive, I went outside to work in the yard.

I mowed the dying weeds in the front yard (when I put out the weed killer to see what would happen, I failed to consider how much uglier brown weeds are than green ones) and the grass in the back yard. I also mowed the easement/alley (I usually do so every third mow or so). I also raked the leaves than had fallen since my last yard work session into the easement and mulched them with the mower so that I did not have to bag them. I planted the three begonias that were replacements in the front bed and the ivy that was a replacement for the one that sits on the table next to my couch (my heart is a bit more greener than my thumb). I also planted the rest of the begonia pack in four of the empty pots on my deck. I just love a bit of color out there! Finally, I hand watered the lawn, the new plants, the old plants, and for good measure the dying weeds.

I was spraying the bird droppings off my car when she finally arrived. I was most glad to see my friend and her daughter and husband and greet her baby-to-bed. I was a wee bit glad because she saved me from getting to work on polishing the silver (the next chore on my list).

Already my friend has found two things that were lost (yes, she found the Corticool practically the first moment she cast her eyes about the living room after sitting down on the couch). She is most that brilliant way.

I am blessed.

No comments: