Friday, May 19, 2006

As tired as I am, as soon as I got home I stripped off my work clothes, put on my mowing ones, and headed outside. After raising the lawn mower four notches, I proceeded to work my way around the yard. I must admit that it is a wee bit hard for me to feel as if I did a proper job since it is not closely cropped, but I did give it a neat trim.

Kashi seem to like it. He rolled around a bit and found it quite cushy.

Since I am now officially birdie central, I sat out on the deck for a while listening to the local chatter. When I realized that I was growing hungry, I went back through the house to retrieve the pizza I had left in the car (free food from work). I stopped to let Fancy and Madison hop on my shoulder because I thought they would like to listen to the avian news.

Fancy has been out with me many times, but this was only Madison's third time. With his crest raised, he listened intently to the news and then joined the conversation. I just love hearing his trill. However, a car drove by and startled him. Madison took off and flew all the way down the street. I was horrified. Fancy had shot off back toward the house, so I left her to race down the street after Madison. I was terrified that another car would come before I could catch him. Thankfully, I found him safely perched on the rear view mirror of a truck.

I huffed and puffed my way back to my house, found Fancy in the rose bushes, and brought them both inside. While breathing asthma medicine through the nebulizer, I thought how remarkable it was that he flew so far on clipped wings. Really, he is such a stubborn bird!

No comments: