Saturday, May 13, 2006

We are about to start movie number 10.

My dad stayed another day, bumming around and fully engaged in my movie marathon quest. The last time we did this was my birthday, last year or the year before. I cannot remember.

I took a movie at the breakfast dive where we eat together when he comes over. Having the small video feature on the phone makes me even more desirous of a camcorder for my birthday. I am working up the nerve to just ask those who consider gifts to just send a check. There is too much I do not remember. Too much my father is losing. I wanted to capture life for both of us.


I would NOT recommend MI 2. The darned thing was so long because at least half the movie is shot in slow motion. It got old. I introduced Dad to The Game. He was amazed by it and was glad we picked up a copy for him during our brief Walmart trip yesterday (yes...that should be added to the list of reasons why we only got 4 movies in...along with my boss' phone call, which prompted me needed to log onto the work server and take care of a few things). Spiderman 2 was sad and not the best choice when trying to just escape for a while. Terminator 3 was interesting, though that freaky female terminator's stare got a bit old as well. Batman Begins was just as satisfying the second time round as it was the first. Escape from Alcatraz was great...and led to a viewing of The Rock. Wanting to see a bit more of Clint, we popped in Absolute Power. Hackman is a great bad guy. Pleasantville is quite thought provoking, ...lots of 'what ifs' to flit around your mind...as is the next on the pile of movies... The Majestic.


NOTE: It is probably a sound recommendation to only order Eggs Benedict at upscale restaurants. Should you fail to abide by this recommendation and do so at a place, say, like a breakfast dive and have a plate set down before you on which your two breakfast muffins could not be seen for the lake of runny yellow sauce that passed as bernaise sauce, save yourself a bit of discomfort and DO NOT bite into soggy muffins from the stupid belief that you should at least eat some of it. Trust me...you will still be shuddering at the taste hours later.

No comments: