Wednesday, January 03, 2007

All things being equal, I believe the phone interview went well. I was surprised at the amiable nature of the hiring manager and enjoyed our short conversation. He did say that he was interested in a quick hire, so he would have his in-person interviews next week and a hire the week thereafter. At least this time, I should not have to wait very long before knowing if there is hope with this prospect.

~~~~
I wanted to try to explain a new source of pain that has been my companion for a few months now. If you make a fist with your hand, you will see the large knuckles at the base of your fingers sticking out. On my left hand, the knuckle at the base of my index finger (that is your first finger, right?) has started hurting. What is strange about that? Well, the pain often feels as if someone is trying to separate that knuckle from the one next to it, perhaps from the rest of my hand.

When I grip something, the pain is hurts so much that I find myself trying to adjust my grip. The result is that I have dropped more things, breaking some of them, than I care to admit. I find holding the steering wheel difficult, and I worry that I sometimes find myself paying more attention to trying to find a comfortable grip than my actual driving.

All in all, while some times I can just cast it up what my life is about...rising to the challenge of dealing with chronic illness. However, some times, I want to kick and scream and say it just isn't fair. Challenges, smallenges! Pain just plain stinks! I am tired of turning the other cheek to a body that is far too old for not quite 40!

Why write of this now? Today has been the most painful day that I have had in a while. I will be glad when it is over...

No comments: