Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Seven hundred and thirty-four scans later, I am finished with the photos that were in the 6 packages marked with my grandmother's name. I still have 10 packages to go on this project.

Kashi has let it be known that he feels neglected and needs more attention. The birds...well...they are still not speaking to me because of my rather unforgivable behavior from yesterday. Whilst I was lost in the project, I forget to uncover their cage and open the door until after 8:00 PM. I felt horrible when, in the midst of scanning, I glanced over at their cage and realized my neglect.

For dinner, I wanted a salad, but found myself without lettuce. After wondering if it would be weird to consume what I had planned without the leafy vegetable, I put the chicken, corn, carrots, black beans, and feta cheese in a bowl and tossed it all with a basil, basalmic vinaigrette. I thought it was tasty, but wondered if anyone else would even find the thought appetizing. When I queried my dear friend Wynne regarding the matter, I found her response ever so slightly vague, filled with reassurance that I was not, in fact, too weird. Hmmm...

~~~~
Question: Would a person in 1891 use the idiomatic phrase "paying his dues"?

No comments: