Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I put in place my first energy saving, weird-looking light bulb today. My goal was at least one, since that is the goal the EPA has for each household in American in their Energy Star campaign...I believe.

My bathroom sink was stopped up, so I used the magic ZEP 10 Minute declogger. However, I had to use the last of my bottle. Lest I find myself in dire need at another point, I stopped by The Home Depot, home of those wonderful red bottles of magic to pick up another one. While there, I saw the light bulbs and decided to get two of them.

Everything I purchase is being charged, so each thing I buy is difficult for me...but I thought I should follow through on my plan. [Especially since my writing student's parents fed me quite well the night before after my labors, i.e. grocery savings.] My plan was to put one in the lamp by the couch where I've needed a new light bulb and in the lamp next to my bed once that one runs out. The cost, $6.97 each, was a bit daunting...but saving the environment doesn't come cheap, eh?

Well, a few hours later, my writing student's mom and I were at Costco, and we spotted a pack of 4 of those light bulbs for only $7.89. WOW! I get three more for just $1 above the cost of the ones I had purchased just a short while ago. Needless to say, I shall be making a return trip soon.

So, the light is screwed into the lamp by the couch, and I am typing by its glow. Another resolution upheld!

Perhaps...keeping resolutions might not be that hard after all!

No comments: