Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lest you worry, I wanted to assure you that I have finally attacked my bedroom closet. The end result was more space, a cleaner appearance, five small bags of things to be donated, and one large bag of trash. [Why, tell me, do I still have the instruction book and the floppy disks for Word 6.0 for a Powerbook that is 15-years-old?]

The most interesting find was copies of my transcripts. Gee...I used to be smart...

However, I think that for the sake of honesty I will admit that I am beginning to believe that I should seek help for my attachment to top-loading sheet protectors. I was a bit dismayed to find a whole stash of them...considering that I have two other stashes I found whilst cleaning out the study...and none of these include the two boxes of sheet protectors that I bought on sale last spring because I was sure I needed them.

Really, this top-loading sheet protector problem may very well be even greater than my white crew sock problem.

~~~~
I finished both assignments and e-mailed to the VP of Internal Communications. Boy...I sure hope he likes them and offers me a job when I see him on Wednesday! Wouldn't that be a lovely way to start the new year?

~~~~
NOTE: A heartfelt thanks goes out to my friend W. I was complaining to her on the phone about the food I have been eating lately (I finally finished D's leftovers and groceries she gave me last month), given its canned quality. I was lamenting the fact that it had been a week since my last chicken enchilada (I've been having one about 5 times a week...if not 7). She said that I should cook myself a quesadilla. Casting about my brain cells for images of the contents of my refrigerator, I realized that I could cobble one together. With my two left-over tortillas, I added sauted chicken (cooked with the dry rub Mexican marinade I have previously waxed poetically about here), black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Oh, my! What a tasty dinner! I am very much looking forward to purchasing the necessary ingredients for more quesadillas when I fetch the items for the chicken enchiladas!

No comments: