Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I am finding that increasing vigilance in my reduce/recycle/reuse efforts is not as easy as I would have liked. Of course, should resolutions be easy?

Perhaps I am merely whining and should be taken out back and shot.

In any case, I have never recycled cardboard before. Neither have I ever noticed exactly how much cardboard there is that can be recycled. First I have to remember (and you know how difficult that is on a continual basis), then I have to flatten everything, and finally secure the cardboard in the bin in such a way that it does not fly out across the yard during the week (chasing after the pieces is not especially beneficial to my asthma in the bitter cold). Better stewardship of my tiny bit of the earth on which I stand is certainly worth the effort...it is just more than I thought it would take.

The other major change is that I have ceased running the water while I brush my teeth. Doing so is an absolute waste, and taking the extra steps to turn it back on and then off while rinsing my mouth and brush. I do miss the sound, though...

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

If you miss the sound of running water while you brush your teeth, try flushing the toilet instead. :-)