Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An icy mix fell last night and on into the wee morning hours. I usually start shoveling my sidewalk to stay ahead of the snow, but this time I did not. Today I tried to clear a path and ended up sliding halfway down the sidewalk for my efforts.

The day was a rather mixed one for me as well.

My grown neighbor's mother called to complain and ended up filleting my person almost as skillfully as does my family.

My grandfather send a substantial check to help out with my mortgage this month last week. After a week of composing, I finally mailed my letter of gratitude. He called to welcome my thankfulness and chastise my view of the last decade being filled with more failures than anything else. He is sure that I will eventually find a place where I can share my skills. Really, if I haven't done so by nearly 40, what hope is there? At least he said that he would miss me were I to really move.

I have been trying to execute a roll-over of my retirement from the company 403b account to an IRA of my choosing since the 12th of last month. My old company has been sitting on the paperwork for nearly three weeks for no particular reason. Another half-dozen futile calls has found no resolution, especially since the company holding the funds will not take my calls, even though I am the purported owner of the account. They hide behind this specious veil of needing "trustee" proof that I was really an employee. So, let us get this straight. They required proof of being an employee to take my money and yet that proof is not sufficient to release those same funds?

An employee at my old country finally got around to reading the business plan I created last August and sent an email full of genuine and effusive praise of my writing skills, including a bit of awe. Why does praise come when I am no longer there? Why are my skills lauded as valuable when I was chosen for "down-sizing"? Why did I cry for an hour after reading her message?

I was blessed with phone calls with my very dear friends W and B. They most willingly and lovingly listened to my frustrations and fears and worries to allow me some respite from them. Grace in action...

No comments: