Saturday, February 17, 2007

Were I to be honest, I would admit how sad this article made me feel. At the risk of sounding pitiful, the situation saddens me because I could see the same being written about me one day.
Sounds horribly lonely, eh?

I agree.

This man died all alone and was not discovered for almost a year. Those who had been in his life were gone. No one had taken their places.

I think that could be me in another 40 years...

Ohhhhh...I really need a job, a place where I can reconnect with the outside world, even if it were just another failure.

~~~~
Today I scanned the photos for my uncle, mother, sister, and brother. It was a wild day of scanning interrupted only by this smudge on the refrigerator door. How can a smudge interrupt scanning productivity? Let me tell you...

I stepped into the kitchen to pour a glass of Orange Gatorade. When I was closing the refrigerator door, I noticed a smudge. Out came the 409 and the smudge disappeared. However, the now clean spot emphasized that the bone colored appliance had taken on an antique look. Translation: the entire door was dirty. Given that B will be here in just a few days, I set to cleaning the front of the refrigerator.

Cleaning the two doors led to thoughts about the microwave. Scrubbing that inside and out led to thoughts about the stove top. Copious amounts of 409 were used there. I finally decided to stop the madness and return to the scanning.

B called in the early evening. As I started to tell the story, she jumped in with "and you cleaned out the refrigerator?" Well, great, I thought. Now I will have to clean the inside to match the outside before Wednesday!

1 comment: