Friday, February 16, 2007

I have returned to the scanning with a vengeance because my best friend B called to say that she would be arriving next Wednesday! Wow! Of course...that does mean I need to take a shower and change my clothes and clean my house....

In any case, I thought that perhaps I should not have these antique photos sitting around in piles when her two-and-one-half-year-old and infant come. Traveling with her children means B comes with many, many bags filled with all their needs and usually a fair assortment of tasty food for the car ride. I frankly need to clear a space for her.

Tonight, I finished the scanning for my aunt's packet and then organized the photos for my uncle. Being my grandmother's favorite, there are four times as many photos for him. I also had to pull out the ones of my mother, my aunt, my cousins, and my sister that had been placed erroneously into my uncle's packet. Given the fact that he has not spoken to my mother in over two decades, I am not surprised that she did a less than stellar job of sorting his photos.

Anyhow...I came across a letter that my aunt wrote when she was 10. I thought that since I shared a letter from my childhood, I would do the same with hers. She wrote it to her grandmother while at camp.


June 8, 1948


Dear Mimi

I miss you very much.
I like to say lots
more. But I have to
go to the bathroom.
Goog by now.

lots of love

Penny

No comments: