Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I could just about scream!

I have scanned over 1,500 photographs and I just realized a feature of the scanner I have had for a year and a half. I can enlarge the view of what I am scanning, a feature which makes it immeasurably easier to adjust the highlights, midtones, and shadows so that I can get a good scan of these ancient photographs.

However much I want to, I am NOT going to rescan all the other ones. I am just going to kick myself in the shins for a few days...weeks...months...

I have been working on the photographs from my grandmother's godfather, the Engineer. Thus far, I have scanned ones from his camping trips, Laredo, TX (including photos of the International Bridge being constructed), and ones from some Aztec temple ruins in Mexico. Needless to say, I have only begun to scratch the surface of the number of photos he gave her.

Needing a break from the scanning, I did some more family searching and came up with the names of my great, great, great, great grandparents. I found a cousin of some sort who is married to a descendant of my great, grandfather's brother. She had all sorts of family information, including a copy of a will from the great, great generation.

Trying to put all this together is making my head spin. I really do need some genealogy software, but not before I get a job.

No comments: