Saturday, February 03, 2007

I finished another chapter this day, savoring the time to write that I have not taken in the past few days. I need to renew my discipline in both writing and scanning so that I might accomplish my goal of finishing both my novel and my family history project by the end of February. I have been distracted by my third goal of finding a city where I can relocate to try to build a new life should a job not materialize here by the end of February.

My dear friend W. listened to me for hours about my story and then I got to refine the plot planning with my friend T. Both of them helped focus my efforts and rejuvenate my belief that I could actually finish the story soon.

~~~~
I am still worried about my puppydog. Kashi has been sitting and whimpering at my feet. For the past week or so, he has been eating once a day, immediately after setting down the plate. [The vet suggested I try a plate instead of a bowl. I am not sure of the "why," but it has worked.] Twice he has even asked for food. But now he is whimpering at my feet, and I do not know what is wrong or what he needs. He has water. He has food. He has been outside. He has had a bone. He has had play time. What is bothering him?

Kashi does spend this nights sleeping curled at my side again. He also spent hours sleeping at my feet while I worked. While I love the sudden companionship, it is a significant departure from his behavior over the past few years. Before we moved here four years ago, Kashi did used to sleep with me, but he has never previously hung out on the couch with me or curl up at my feet.

One other worry is that he is shedding at an unbelievable rate. I gave him a bath because his coat was a bit shaggy. When I brushed him afterwards, I pulled out enough of his coat to fill a small throw pillow. That was last weekend before my father came over. Much to my dismay, Kashi has continue to shed all week. Could the hair loss be a sign of something wrong or is he merely catching up on seasons past?

No comments: